Friday, November 6, 2009

Episode 1: Arrival

Hi again!





Above. Cover of the episode 1 mini-game. Note that Grael is not seen here since it's supposed to be located behind the characters, plus I feel it may add clutter to the layout. Plus, the focus here should be the introduction of the characters to the player/viewer.



Today I'll give you a glimpse of the first episode entitled "Arrival". Well, as the name implies, this marks the arrival of the main characters to the central location of our story, Grael. Grael is a tower found at the heart of Serapi. This is where all the magic of the region is cultivated and then transformed into "Agimat stones". 



Above. Processed Agimat Stones in Serapi. Colors and shapes may vary, depending on weider's specifications. For the purpose of our game, I needed to design them this way so that players can easily identify them apart from each other.


What? Did I say the magic word? "Agimat"? "AgimatAgimatAgimat"... 

If you're a Filipino (just like yours truly), probably you'd feel that this piece of Pinoy folklore artifact has already been overexposed, thanks to all the fantasy telenovelas that's being shown by our local networks. Weeell, I think otherwise. I think the world still doesn't know what the full power of an Agimat is. Heck, I don't think even us Filipinos know its full potential, haha! So that's something we want to explore here. 

However, I'd like to forewarn you: not all the information that we're going to use here are based on facts. I mean,c'mon, we're working on a fictional story here, so naturally we'll stretch reality somehow. But don't worry, we'll throw in a bit of researched tidbits here and there every once in a while.


ANYWAY, so just who are the characters of Silent Destiny Prelude, and what's their deal?
Find out in my next post!


Time to move forward! Ikuzo!



No comments:

Post a Comment